Australian Certified UAV Operators Inc. (ACUO): National not for profit association first started in 2009 and formally registered in Queensland on the 31 March 2010. Association is bound by a constitution to:
- Protect the interests of CASA Certified UAV Operators
- Establish the association as a responsible authority
- Promote the growth and expansion of the commercial UAS industry in Australia
Australian UAS Academy (AUSA): AUSA was established in November 2009 to support the professional growth of Australia's burgeoning civil unmanned aircraft systems industry. The Academy is a collaboration between a Brisbane based company, V-TOL Aerospace, and the University of Queensland. Both organizations bring together a wealth of skill and knowledge into the training and education experience. The Academy will offer 3 streams of UAS taining products:
- technical training in avionics, software, structures, payloads, complex systems in conjunction with the University of Queensland
- UAS pilot training - pilot and crew resource management
- UAS applications - professional development, enterprise and industry workshops designed to educate end-users in the use of unmanned technologies in a spatial environment
Library of Congress: Regulation of Drones: Australia
Drones in the news
Sarah Nilsson, J.D., Ph.D., MAS
602 561 8665
You can also fill out my
The information on this website is for EDUCATIONAL purposes only and DOES NOT constitute legal advice.
While the author of this website is an attorney, she is not YOUR attorney, nor are you her client, until you enter into a written agreement with Nilsson Law, PLLC to provide legal services.
In no event shall Sarah Nilsson be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages relating to this material, for any use of this website, or for any other hyperlinked website.