- Knowledge Application (versus knowledge acquisition) - what you need to know VERSUS what you need to know how to do
- Life long Learning and Critical Thinking - what is the right answer VERSUS how did you get that answer
- Preparation - pre-reading or pre-material
- Equivalent to 30-50 pages
- Cannot let them off the hook
- Readiness Assurance Test
iRAT - assess individual content mastery - oal is 80-85% accuracy
tRAT - identify individual misunderstandings of content - goal is 100% accuracy - get feedback
Appeals - identify bad questions - identify bad content - revisit the material - must rewrite question
Mini-Lecture / Instructor Feedback - clarify misunderstandings - get more feedback
Significant problem + Same problem + Specific choice + Simultaneous reporting
In-class Application Activity
Importance of Teams
- Diversity in experience, skills, demographics
- Avoid barriers (pre-formed relationships)
- Need time to develop
- Why do you think that?
- How did you get that answer?
- Readiness Assessment
- Peer Evaluation
Sarah Nilsson, J.D., Ph.D., MAS
602 561 8665
You can also fill out my
The information on this website is for EDUCATIONAL purposes only and DOES NOT constitute legal advice.
While the author of this website is an attorney, she is not YOUR attorney, nor are you her client, until you enter into a written agreement with Nilsson Law, PLLC to provide legal services.
In no event shall Sarah Nilsson be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages relating to this material, for any use of this website, or for any other hyperlinked website.